There are five events that should trigger a review of your policy:
- When your homeowners insurance policy comes up for renewal. Be sure not to just send a check to your insurer, take the time to thoroughly read over your coverage and contact your agent with any questions or concerns.
- Improvements or alterations to your home, or a major purchase. If you add a new room to your home or expand another, you’ll need to check with you agent that you are not under insured. After the purchase of a new art piece or computer, talk to your agent about increasing the amount of insurance or purchasing a floater/endorsement for these items.
- Safety improvements have been made. After installing a burglar alarm or upgrading your electrical or heating system, let your agent know. You may also qualify for a discount.
- Major life style change. Let your agent know if there’s been a marriage, divorce, or a family member moving into the home as this could affect your home owners insurance.
- You started a home based business. Starting a business in your home can affect your home insurance, so be sure to talk to your agent. You should also consider additional coverage for business liability and equipment.
Start your homeowners insurance quote now
Thumann Agency Inc
12770 Coit Road, Suite 110, Dallas, TX 75251
Phone: (972) 991-9100 | Fax: (972) 690-1733