The following tips can help you find the best deal for your money
- Before you start shopping, decide which coverages and coverage amounts you need.
- Consider higher deductibles. Your deductible is the amount you must pay before the insurance company will pay. Higher deductibles will lower your premium, but remember that you'll have to pay more out of your own pocket if you have a claim.
- Ask several companies and agents for price quotes because rates vary. When comparing rates, make sure they are for the same coverages. You can view sample rate comparisons on www.HelpInsure.com.
- Ask your agent whether you qualify for discounts. Insurance companies may offer policy discounts that will lower your premium.
- When getting a price quote or applying for insurance, answer questions truthfully. Wrong information could cause you to get an incorrect price quote or could lead to a denial or cancellation of coverage.
- Consider factors other than price, including a company's financial rating, complaint index, and license status. The financial rating indicates a company's financial strength and stability, and the complaint index is an indication of its customer service record. Buy only from licensed companies and agents. It is against the law to sell insurance without a license in Texas. Learn more about a company, including its licenses status, complaint history, and financial rating from an independent rating organization by calling TDI's Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439 or by visiting the TDI website at www.tdi.texas.gov.
Contact the Thumann Agency Today on 972.991.9100