Financial experts are saying big things about business in Texas
- CNBC "Top State for Economy and Infrastructure"
- Chief Executive "Best State for Business"
- Fortune "A Top State for Fortune 500 HQs"
- Forbes "Best State for Economic Climate & Future Job Growth"
But with growth, comes risk, and one of the most likely and most expensive threats to small business & corporations are cyber breaches.
According to Insurance Information Insitute, “Insurance experts now consider the risk of cyber liability losses to exceed the risk of fraud or theft.”
Yet few companies can quantify just how high their cyber risk exposure truly is, preventing them from adequately protecting themselves.
Let’s take a quick look at the facts
How can cyber crime harm my business?
- Loss of reputation and consumer confidence
- Cost of fixing the issue
- Loss of capital and assets Legal difficulties
Click here for examples of cyber breach incidents that could cause you financial heartburn.
How much cyber protection do I need for my business?
The first step in putting a dollar figure on cyber risks is to identify your company’s most important assets and its greatest vulnerabilities.
Cyber risks typically fall into two categories:
- Those involving services shutting down
- Those that compromise information, ranging from sensitive data to corporate secrets, to bank accounts.
What can I do to avoid a cyber breach?
Consider investing in more training of employees and vendors. Look into more technical controls to monitor potential cyber breaches and install virus protection software.
It’s important to know that cyber insurance can't protect your organization from cybercrime, but it can keep your business on stable financial footing should a significant security event occur.
How long does it take to get Cybercrime protection for my Texas business?
You can start your Texas cyber insurance quote straight away.
At the Thumann Agency in Dallas, we help Texas companies to make the right strategic choices regarding which threats to alleviate. Protect your business with confidence and talk to a commercial specialist, today at (972) 991.9100